January 5, 2018
BITS is the technology policy division of the Financial Services Roundtable (FSR) which delivers thought leadership to address current and emerging technology and security challenges facing the nation’s largest financial institutions.
Led by C-Suite executives including CEO’s, CIO’s, CISO’s and other senior leaders at member firms, BITS provides a trusted forum for industry collaboration. BITS works with its members to:
- Strengthen cybersecurity and reduce fraud;
- Navigate the regulatory and risk environment;
- Impact current and emerging policy issues;
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of technology programs; and
- Leverage emerging technologies.
- The secure, safe and sound advancement of technology
- Stronger tools, strategies and policies that prevent, detect and respond to fraud
- Operationally achievable regulatory policy
- Transparent consumer access to products and delivery channels
- Maintaining the integrity of payment systems, including products and technologies that safeguard consumer data
- Policy briefings with top-level government officials and industry thought-leaders on key issues affecting our members.
- Individual issue forums bringing together top decision-makers from the public and private sector.
- Coordination with other associations, government agencies, and member firms to improve security systems and processes in order to protect customers, the economy and nation.
- Development of an enhanced security environment for new top level domains (.bank and .insurance) by assisting fTLD Registry Services, LLC.
- Engagement of regulators on security, vendor management and business continuity requirements.
- Preparation of member companies to better anticipate and apply the impact of emerging technologies and related public policy and regulatory issues.
- In a trusted environment foster collaboration to improve technology, implementation and risk management capabilities.
- Development of best practices that help improve operational capabilities.
BITS is positioned at the intersections of the financial services industry, focused on business activities common among our members and technology and operational matters effecting : Asset Management, Risk Management, Payments, and Lending & Leasing. FSR/BITS is the premier financial industry trade association due to 3 cornerstones
• Focus: BITS specializes and leads on the issues at the intersections of the financial services industry, including emerging technologies, cybersecurity, fraud reduction and third party oversight.
• Advocacy: BITS maintains deep knowledge of members, their business activities, and vital industry issues, making us powerful advocates in Washington’s public policy arena.
• Results: BITS is strategically positioned in the middle of industry issues and activities from development through implementation, allowing BITS to deliver value and results to members.
January 1, 2018
December 22, 2017
December 19, 2017
December 19, 2017